Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Is Causing The Smog Over Saginaw?


About an hour ago I heard from Elsie Hotpepper, asking me if I knew what the "cloud of crap" was in the air when she looked east from her location towards Saginaw. Elsie Hotpepper is always very poetic with her verbiage.

The Saginaw Elsie refers to is not the Saginaw in Michigan, it is a Texas Saginaw, one of Fort Worth's suburbs.

Elsie is currently about 8 miles north of me. When Elsie asked about the Saginaw Smog I went to see if I could see it.

I could. In all directions but one the air looks relatively clean. But, looking northwest, from my location, towards Saginaw, there is a thick pink haze hovering on the ground.

I don't believe we are dry enough for wildfires right now.

An hour after Elsie Hotpepper first directed me to look at the sky, it appears to have gotten smoggier. And appears to be heading this way and spreading.

No comments: