Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Biked The River Legacy Mountain Bike Trail Today With No Wrecks, Bobcats, Snakes, Alligators, Armadillos Or Wild Boars

I returned to the River Legacy Park Mountain Bike Trail today, early. My first time back since a slight mishap a week ago Sunday.

Today I avoided the quick dip that caused me a problem  a week ago Sunday.

I have never been a fall off a horse and get right back on type of guy. I'm more of a fall off a horse and realize horse riding is not for me type of guy.

There are several new sections of trail. The trails have gotten to be such a maze of options and bypasses. This new section eventually has a RED and a BLUE option. To me RED means it is for a guy under 30 who thinks hitting the ground hard is fun. I take the BLUE option.

I don't know that I've seen anywhere in River Legacy where it indicates a RED marker means more challenging and BLUE means easy. Maybe RED means only Republicans go that way, while BLUE is the Democrat route. Which pretty much means I'm making the right choice, either way.

The ponds left behind by the Hurricane Hermine flooding are something I am not used to whilst biking the River Legacy Trails. At times the trail is very close to one of these new water features. These new water features are now covered with an extremely green growth, which you can sort of see in the picture above. That is the trail passing close to the green pond on the left.

There are a few locations where one is suddenly upon a green pond. I can see where it could happen that one could find oneself suddenly out of control and in a green pond. Who knows what is lurking in these green ponds? I heard splashing.

But, I saw no critters today, except for humans. Several of that species. No bobcats. No alligators. No snakes. No armadillos. No wild boars.

It was very peaceful pedaling in the River Legacy forest today.

However, the leaves are beginning to fall. When the leaves fall they do not go gently to the ground. Texas must grow heavy leaves. The leaves falling make a noise. At times it is a bit startling. Like a footstep. Or cougar/panther/mountain lion prowl.

Perfect temperature. Mid 70s.

2 comments:

Steve A said...

Not even squirrels or rabbits? Perhaps there is something causing this exodus...

Durango said...

Steve A---nope, not a squirrel or rabbit. Methinks the recent flooding moved the critters away for awhile.