Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Flying To Puerto Rico To Breathe Some Clean Non-Texas Air

In the picture I am out on Miss Puerto Rico's balcony. You would not guess we are a couple weeks into fall, judging by the leaves in the trees, which seem to have done no seasonal color changing.

I was over at Miss Puerto Rico's, late this afternoon, because it was time, again, to book a flight to Puerto Rico, to return to Coamo to see the Puerto Rican Parental Units.

Departure is Wednesday, October 20. There were a surprisingly large number of flight choices. And at prices cheaper than the last time I booked a Puerto Rican flight, which, if I remember right, was last March.

Miss Puerto Rico  returns to her home island twice a year, usually. I have not been back to my home island for over 2 years. I have not been to my Parental Unit's current home island in over 4 years, but I did see them when I was back at my home island in 2008 and when they came to my current island of isolation, the first week of 2009.

Whiplashing level change of subject.

Did anyone else in the East Fort Worth zone notice a heavy petroleum odor to the air this morning? It was real strong and lasted a long time.

The stench took my mind off of how cold the water in the pool was. Miss Puerto Rico thought it was our neighborhood Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale Natural Gas hole in the ground stinking up the place. But, that seems very unlikely. Then again, I have no idea what the stuff that comes out of the Barnett Shale holes in the ground smells like.

No comments: