Friday, January 8, 2010

Safely Returned From My Fort Worth Texas Tandy Hills Bro-Date

I've been getting urgently worried messages, concerned that I've not safely returned from my bro-date at the Tandy Hills.

Fear not. I've been safely back for hours. Well, make that awhile, I was not paying all that much attention to the time.

I can now reveal the name of the mystery bro-date. He goes by Dynamo Hum. I think he may be of Japanese descent, but was born and raised in Texas.

Dynamo Hum pretty much looked just like his picture, that you see here, so when he stepped out of his car, I knew it was he.

I guess sort of like how the Queen of Wink was able to tell it was me from a distance, due to my Fatty Boy Waddle.

I arrived for the bro-date about 4 minutes early. Dynamo Hum arrived right at noon. Impressively punctual.

As per his previous self description, Dynamo is tall and lanky. He towered over me, but I'm a shrimp, so that happens frequently.

Mr. Hum is in excellent shape, so he had no trouble negotiating the Tandy Hills. I detected no pre-pneumonia indicators.

I must say, Dynamo's conversational skills are of the highest level. He is not afraid to voice an opinion, but not once did the opinion cause, in me, the "here we go, off into kooky banana land," that can happen when you meet someone for the first time. Or even after you know a person for awhile. I can think of an example or two of the kooky banana type, but I shan't name names.

Dynamo Hum has quite an excellent Texas accent. A good Texas accent causes me to be a much more cooperative listener. I had a client awhile back here in Texas. She had the best Texas accent. If she left me a message, asking for a call back, I always called back, just to hear that accent. Without that accent there'd be a much greater chance I'd communicate via email, than the phone.

Anyway, my first bro-date went fine. Thank you all for your concern. I appreciate it.

12 comments:

twister said...

I'm gonna have to retire that Avatar, he's getting too well known.

Durango said...

Ain't gonna help. Your cover is blown. You will now be recognized over and over again wherever you go. Welcome to my living hell.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Hey! I know that guy!!!

Durango said...

CT2----
You didn't go on a bro-date with him did you?

Jovan Gonzales said...

What exactly does an "excellent" Texas accent entail? Does that mean lack of hickiness or lots of hickiness? (Don't laugh at my technical terms)

I can't believe you used the word "bro-date" hahahaha.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Durango,
No, my invitation for a bro-date was rejected. Seems the destination wasn't to his liking.

Durango said...

Jovo---
An excellent Texas accent means it has that slow drawl thing going on, with almost every syllable ending on what sounds like a happy note and I'm able to understand what's being said.

CT2---
What was the destination that you chose that was rejected? You shouldn't give up so easily.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Durango,
Don't ya remember? I invited you, Gar the Texan and Mister Twister down for the Halloween Festival here in Wink. I'm shocked that you don't remember that conversation...ended with you pointing out how many husbands I have had and all sorts of erroneous things I'd done. That's when I figured out that only bro-dates were with bros, not sises.

Jovan Gonzales said...

Dango, you mean to tell me that my mom and grama have been lying to me all my life--making me believe that no one likes my Texas accent because it makes me sound stupid!?!? Ahhhhhhhhh!!! I guess I don't notice excellent Texas accents anymore because the whole living here forever.

Queenie, that's because your kingdom is sinking, no one wants to go there! :p all the cool kids come to Sulphur Springs for the stew and dairy festivals ... Don't be jealous that your town hasn't been on food network twice!!!

Durango said...

Jovo----
I would have to hear you talk to be able to tell you if you have an excellent Texas accent. I suspect you do. You don't write with a Texas accent. I think mom and grama are just being over protective of their little boy.

Durango said...

CT2---
I vaguely remember this invite of which you speak. I don't recollect mentioning your multiple husbands. Or was this when I suggested you go to Halloween as Elizabeth Taylor cuz you wouldn't need a costume? What erroneous things have you done? I can't imagine driving that far stuck in a car with Gar the Texan. I'd be tempted to push him out the door, without stopping, by mile 300 or so. Then again, maybe he behaves himself on long drives and doesn't talk a lotta nonsense.

Jovan Gonzales said...

I don't know if ANYONE writes with a Texan accent? Oh wait, yes huh. Y'all. I had to type that out thrice to make sure it was right. I think they just want me to hate my accent!!!

PS: if you tell the Queen of Wink that she looks like Elizabeth Taylor, we are speaking of the gorgeous one of years past ... and not the gross one? If you're talking about present, then I vote, "off with his (your) head!"