Friday, February 23, 2024

Sticks Season At Lucy Park On Last Friday Of February With No Alligators


On yet one more day of North Texas seeming like Summer, instead of Winter, it was to Lucy Park I ventured on this final Friday of the second month of 2024.

As you can clearly see, there was no big alligator closing the Lucy Park suspension bridge today.


I learned yesterday what "Sticks Season" means.

That is the title of a catchy tune I heard for the first time a few days ago.

Apparently in some areas of New England, such as New Hampshire and Vermont, during that period of time between when the deciduous trees lose their leaves, and snow arrives, it is known as Stick Season, due, I am guessing, the fact that the trees look like sticks without their leaves.

That is how I saw the Lucy Park backwoods today. A field of sticks sticking up above the once again green ground cover.

You can listen to Sticks Season below...

No comments: