Monday, February 12, 2024

Happy Birthday Sister Jackie

Today, Monday, February 12, is my little sister, Jackie's, Happy Birthday.

I do not remember why Jackie was in a baseball uniform in this photo of Jackie holding a baseball mitt.

Was there some sort of Pee Wee T-Ball League way back then?

I think likely not.

I do not remember Jackie playing baseball. I do remember Jackie playing basketball in high school.

Jackie's little sister, Michele, I do remember playing baseball, of the type called softball.

I recollect going to a Washington State High School Softball Tournament in Wenatchee, Washington, watching Michele be, if I remember correctly, and likely I don't, the catcher.

Again, if I am remembering correctly, Michele was picked to be Most Valuable Player at that tournament.

What I clearly remember of that weekend in Wenatchee is going to a U-Pick cherry orchard, with mom and dad, Jackie, and Jackie's oldest, Christopher, where we all picked cherries, including Christopher, who at that point in time might have been three years old.

I remember Christopher having a great time climbing a ladder, picking cherries and putting them in the burlap bag provided.

And now, all these years later, Jackie is a Grandma. And Christopher is a Pa.

I do not think there are any cherry trees in the Phoenix, Arizona zone that Jackie and Christopher can take Baby Cade to in a couple years to do some cherry picking.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE!!!

No comments: