Sunday, February 25, 2024

OneDrive Memory Of Enchanted Rock & Ralph The Swimming Pig

Another Microsoft OneDrive Memory from this Day, which I actually remember, something which does not happen too often with these alleged photo memories.

It was a Winter day, easily could have been in February, during a time when I took myself on a solo roadtrip. 

First night I stayed in Waco, and mountain biked the trails in Waco's Cameron Park.

Second night I stayed in San Marcos, and had fun exploring Aquarena Springs, site of the clearest water I have ever seen, and an abandoned amusement park that one could walk through.

Back during its heyday a pig named Ralph, known as The Swimming Pig, put on a show in Spring Lake. One could watch the show from above the lake, or venture into a submarine viewing venue. 

When I visited one could still climb down into the submarine viewing venue to look deep into the crystal clear water.

Leaving San Marcos I found myself in what is known in Texas as Hill Country. This is where one finds Luckenbach, and many other sites of interest. Eventually I found myself at Enchanted Rock State Park, which is where the above photo was taken, at the top of the rock, using my long-gone Casio digital camera, which had a feature now known as taking a selfie.

Leaving Enchanted Rock I headed south, eventually spending the night in San Antonio, and seeing the Alamo for the first time. That and San Antonio's Riverwalk.

The next morning I got a phone call which caused me to hurry back to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex as quick as possible.

Remembering that phone call, and all the other phone calls that day, is a memory I would have preferred not to have been reminded of today...

No comments: