Saturday, April 15, 2023

Windy Sikes Lake Walk With Evening Primroses Coloring The Landscape


It was to Sikes Lake I ventured this third Saturday of the 2023 version of April, for a walk around the lake, along with dozens of other walkers enjoying the high-speed wind.

Since my last visit to Sikes Lake the Evening Primroses have blossomed in pink bloom mode.

Way back late in the previous century, in late April, I recollect heading to Dallas/Fort Worth on Highway 287, at some point after passing through Amarillo pink blossoms began coloring the landscape.

This was my introduction to Texas wildflower season. 

At some point, after Amarillo, I got off the road so as to check out, up close, these dainty pink blooms.

It was a few years later I finally learned the name of this Texas wildflower...

No comments: