Saturday, November 26, 2022

Rain Flooding Post-Thanksgiving Saturday In Texas


Looking out my bedroom window on the dawn of the day after the day after Thanksgiving, which is also known as Saturday, the outer world at my location is drenched from hours of rain.

The exit from my abode is currently flooded.

If I want to use my mechanized means of motion it will entail taking a circuitous route to get to the vehicle, unless I want to put on hip waders to walk dry through the moat.

The dripping is scheduled to drip all day long, so there will be no outer world walking today, unless it is under an umbrella.

It has been a couple days since I have walked in any of my favorite walking venues, unless one counts Walmart as such.

Yesterday, Black Friday, I ventured to the nearby Walmart expecting it to be super busy.

It wasn't.

But there were a lot of Black Friday deals clogging the aisles.

One of which was a combo cooking device in the form of an air fryer, rotisserie, dehydrator.

My air fryer died a few weeks ago. I've been missing it. And so, I got that Black Friday air fryer, rotisserie, dehydrator from Walmart yesterday.

Today's wet weather is reminding me of a stereotypical fall winter type day in my old home zone of Western Washington, where today snow is on the Pacific Northwest weather menu, in the mountains, and possibly in the Puget Sound lowlands.

I am hoping my current location makes it through the cold months with zero snow. 

What I hope for usually does not happen.

Usually, the opposite of what I hope for happens.

So, my location will likely get buried in a blizzard with near zero temperatures...

No comments: