Saturday, November 19, 2022

Shivering Shadow Of The Lucy Park One-Armed Thin Man Skiing Mount Baker


It was to Lucy Park I ventured today to join the throngs enjoying the Big Chill.

There are still a lot of leaves in the trees, but many have fallen, as you can see via the Shadow of the Lucy Park Thin Man.

One would think that between the night after night of freezing temperatures, paired with a howling strong wind, that all the leaves would have left the trees by now.

I would not want to be in upstate New York right now.

Snow flurries had been predicted for my area, overnight, but there was nothing white on the ground visible when the sun arrived to do its daily illumination duty.

In my old home zone the Mount Baker Ski Area has enough snow on the ground to open. Some sort of bagpipe ceremony marked the start of the first chair lift of the skiing season.

Here is a screen cap of part of the Mount Baker Ski Area website's home page.



I have not been skiing this century. By the 1990s I was cross country skiing, which is a free thing to do, where skiing at a location like Mount Baker you pay to ride the chair lifts. And I was surprised to see you pay way more than I remember paying, long ago.

A blurb from the Mount Baker Ski Area website with lift price info...

Daily lift ticket prices will be reduced for today and Sunday to $74.07 U.S. for Adults, Youth will be $46.53, Child $31.48, and Seniors $62.27. (prices do not include 8.0% WA State sales tax)

Yikes! That is the reduced price for today and Sunday. I did not see what the non-reduced price was.

What I do know for certain is I will not be doing any skiing any time soon...

No comments: