Thursday, November 17, 2022

Walk Around Sikes Lake With Endangered Roofers


It was to Sikes Lake I ventured this morning, for a walk around the lake. When I got to the west end of the lake I was appalled to see what you see above.

Multiple roofers, I counted five, there may have been more, on top of the Hilton Homewood Suites. 

High up on a steep roof, with no safety measures evident.

OSHA would not be pleased. 

When I stopped walking, to take a photo, a passerby noted that what the roofers were doing was illegal.

The recent rain must have leaked into the Hilton. A large area to the right of the view in the photo had had the roofing torn off, awaiting replacement before the next rain falls.

The current long range forecast shows no rain til a week from today, as in next Thursday rain showers are expected...

No comments: