Monday, August 22, 2022

Staying Dry During Monday Morning Texas Deluge


You are looking at the wet stormy view from my kitchen window on the Monday morning of the 2022 version of August.

Rain began dripping yesterday, increasing in intensity as the dripping dripped hour after hour.

Driving by Sikes Lake, late Sunday afternoon, I saw the lake is back full of water, with no dry desert-like land exposed, unlike Saturday, when much of the lake was dried up.

I do not know, yet, if I can make it to my vehicle without requiring hip waders to make it dry to its location. I do not recollect, previously, seeing so much water surrounding my abode.

If I am able to make it to my vehicle, in a couple hours I will see if I can drive to Lake Wichita and see if water is flowing over that lake's dam spillway for the first time in a real long time...

No comments: