Friday, August 19, 2022

Anacortes Fidalgo Drive-In With Grandpa Jake Blackberries & Spencer Jack Burgers


When last I spoke with my Favorite Nephew Jason I asked if it has been difficult dealing with inflation, with his Fidalgo Drive-In restaurant. Jason indicated it was being difficult. I think, if I remember right, he also mentioned supply issues. I do not remember Jason indicating he had a labor shortage issue.

And then, yesterday, I got email from Jason with three photos, some text, and a job offer.

The text with the job offer...

I'd thought you'd enjoy seeing how the Fidalgo Drive-In is dealing with the nation-wide labor shortage.

Today, your brother picked the berries for the milkshakes, and Spencer made the burgers.

If you would like to trade work for lodging, I have bedrooms available. Currently I'm needing cashiers.  How are your customer service skills?  


 Above is Spencer Jack doing some burger assembling.


And then there is Spencer Jack's grandpa, my little brother, Jake, holding the box of blackberries he apparently picked in exchange for his current lodging at the Jones Family Compound on Beaver Marsh Road in the Skagit Flats.

As for my potential cashier career, I assume I have excellent customer services skills, what with my naturally charming personality and constantly pleasant demeanor...

No comments: