Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sweltering Sunday Stroll Through Lucy Park Jungle


With the hordes of Hotter 'N Hell 100 aficionados leaving Wichita Falls on this final Sunday of the 2022 version of August, I returned to Lucy Park for the first time in days, for the acquisition of endorphins via aerobic stimulation via walking at high speed the Lucy Park backwoods jungle.

You cannot tell it via the photo documentation, but the Lucy Park tall grass is now taller than I am. The grass may have reached its peak, signs of autumn are already beginning to arrive.

My phone had informed me, as had the radio weather guy, that the temperature was going to be in the low 80s this morning. Instead, by the time I got to Lucy Park the temperature was a sweltering 95, with high humidity, along with a slow wind, and a few strong gusts bringing some wind chilling.

I do not remember any other year when I was so ready for summer to come to an end...

No comments: