Saturday, August 13, 2022

HOT Saturday Stroll Around Lucy Park

 


It was to Lucy Park I drove, again, on this second Saturday of the 2022 version of August.

The temperature was about 10 degrees short of being 100. Little wind was blowing. Humidity was high.

I got too HOT.

When I came upon the Lucy Park suspension bridge there were two women trying to work up the courage to cross the Wichita River via this bridge.

They were only a couple feet on to the bridge when the motion unsettled and panicked them.

One of the two women was of the extremely plus-sized sort.

I can see how being a plus-sized sort might make the bridge sway oscillations more un-nerving than it is for a not plus-sized person, such as myself.

The Lucy Park suspension bridge was renovated a few months ago, with new cables and deck planks. After the renovation crossing the bridge is more of a thrill ride than was the pre-renovation bridge.

Yesterday my choice of exercise was a bike ride. I made mention of this in Rolling To The Shrinking Sikes Lake Bayou. The HOT heat is less annoying when rolling along on wheels, creating your own wind chill factor.

Tomorrow I will be going on a bike ride, maybe all the way to Lucy Park...


No comments: