Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Semi-Warm Snake-Free Stroll In Lucy Park Jungle


With the temperature somewhere in the 80s, semi-chilly but humid, on this next to last day of the 2022 version of August, it was back to Lucy Park I ventured today, to get some endorphins via fast paced aerobic activity in the backwoods jungle zone of Lucy Park.

During this entire HOT summer I have not seen a single snake.

Fall will soon begin falling. I do not remember ever anticipating with eagerness the first freeze of the year as I currently am after sweating through these past several sweltering months.

I found out this morning that I missed out on getting a coveted Golden Grenade Award, given to select DFW rabble rousers. Apparently, I was to be given this several years ago, at a country club luncheon that I did not feel like attending. No one told me, then, why I was being asked to attend this luncheon.

The weather forecasters keep forecasting possible rain and thunderstorms.

But, no dripping or booming seems to be materializing...

No comments: