Sunday, October 10, 2021

The Shadow Of The Wichita Falls Thin Man On Sunday MPEC Walk

That is the Shadow of the Wichita Falls Thin Man you are seeing here.

On this second Sunday of the 2021 version of October I decided not to go to church this morning, and instead went on a walk around the Wichita Falls MPEC.

Multi-Purpose Events Center.

I have only gone to a few events at the MPEC. The finale of the Hotter 'N Hell 100, a Christmas Crafts Show and an anti-Trump Rally.

I don't know how the MPEC came to be. It is a large complex consisting of several buildings and HUGE parking lots.

Since I have been in Wichita Falls I have not seen any big projects come to fruition.

I have heard of big plans, such as the Lake Wichita Revitalization Project, which I learned of soon upon arrival via a well done website. And when I learned about it I thought that the revitalizing was going to soon come to fruition. I now see the well done website no longer exists, but its domain name is available for $5,195.

Anyway, let's continue on with our look at the MPEC.


Above, that is a small section of the MPEC's large parking area, with a solo pickup parked under some shade trees.


Kay Yeager Coliseum is where hockey gets played, along with other sporting type events.


Sheppard Air Force Base is a NATO training base, located at the north side of Wichita Falls, which is why we are seeing flags from other nations blowing in the breeze between Kay Yeager Coliseum and the Ray Clymer Exhibition Hall. The Ray Clymer Exhibition Hall is where that Christmas Crafts Show aforementioned was located.


Standing under those NATO flags looking at the entry to the Ray Clymer Exhibition Hall.


One of the entries to Kay Yeager Coliseum. These were steep steps. So, I ran up and down them. I can see where these steps could get a bit dicey when a large crowd exits.


From the top of the Kay Yeager steps looking towards the Agricultural Building on the other side of the Wichita River. We will get there eventually.


A view of the MPEC grounds. During events such as the Hotter N' Hell 100 there are variety of things taking place in this area. Like a beer garden, multiple food vendors, bike related art and a lot of people.


Now we are heading towards that aforementioned Agricultural Building. I'm sure it has a name, but I don't know what it is. .


Some sort of event was happening today. There were dozens of RV's parked to the left of the view above. And horses were making horse noises in a corral to the right. One solo cowboy was seen riding a horse.


In the middle of the pedestrian bridge which takes you to the Agricultural Building I stopped to take a picture of the Wichita River.


And above you see the Shadow of the Wichita Falls Thin Man walking back across the bridge, heading to the parking lot where we started our MPEC tour.

I enjoyed not going to church today. I may make a habit of it...

No comments: