Thursday, October 14, 2021

In Disneyland With Spencer Jack & Jason


A couple years ago my Favorite Nephew Jason emailed me a photo of himself and Spencer Jack standing in front of what looked to me to be Utah-like scenery, along with a Route 66 road sign. This confused me because I did not think Route 66 went through Utah, or any Utah-like scenery.

Last night FNJ emailed a similar photo and asked, once more, if I could guess where he and Spencer Jack were. This time I replied "Disney California".

Jason then called to tell me I was correct. Spencer Jack took a couple days off school and flew his dad to Anaheim. Jason is now at the age when a day at Disneyland is exhausting. So, he left Spencer to continue riding rides, whilst Jason walked back to the hotel to get some rest and call his favorite uncle.

This morning another photo showed up in my email.


Above I can tell Jason is in Disneyland, floating on a canoe, following the Mark Twain Riverboat on the Mississippi, heading to Tom Sawyer Island.

When last I was in Disneyland, Disney California had not yet been invented. That last visit was Christmas of 1993. Disneyland broke an attendance record that day.

Way back then it cost around $30 to get admitted to Disneyland. If I remember last night's conversation correctly, Jason told me it cost $290 each for a two day pass to both Disneyland and Disney California. I'm thinking that price must include some sort of express pass.

When I was around Spencer Jack's age our annual family vacation was to California and Disneyland two years in a row.

We did not just go to Disneyland. We also went to Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios and Sea World.

Doing such in 2021 for a family of six would cost a small fortune.

No comments: