Thursday, September 5, 2019

The Mystery Of The Absent Blog Poster

I was on the road, heading northwest on Highway 287, with DFW in my rear view mirror, when I got a text message from Spencer Jack's dad asking "Is everything okay in Texas? Your absence from blog postings has many of us concerned."

Yes, I can see how such could be concerning.

On Friday I drove to the DFW zone for the first time in a couple months.

Then the day after Labor Day I found myself convinced to return to DFW, again, and stay for a couple days.

I have no idea why anyone would want my take on anything, but someone made me an offer I did not feel like refusing, who wanted to bounce ideas off me about my take on Texas, Tarrant County and Fort Worth.

Of course, I protested, saying but I am not a Texan, I am not a Fort Worthian. My ideas are worthless.

I have lost count of the number of times I have been told over the years that my opinions on Texas or Fort Worth  were of no validity due to not being a lifelong Texan, or a native Fort Worthian.

The not being a native Fort Worthian, as an opinion invalidator, particularly amuses me, due to the fact that it is my opinion about Fort Worth's ridiculous Trinity River Vision about which I am supposedly not supposed to opine, due to not being a native of that town.

But, that Boondoggle subject about which I opine has been begging for federal welfare dollars for years.

So, it is okay for Fort Worth to beg money from the rest of America for its ill-conceived imaginary flood control and economic development scheme, but it is not okay for the rest of America to opine regarding how Fort Worth is wasting America's money with things like building three simple little bridges over dry land to connect the Fort Worth mainland to an imaginary island?

Anyway, I had myself an interesting couple days at an undisclosed location somewhere in the DFW Metroplex. During which, among other enjoyments, I enjoyed the Tandoor Indian Buffet in Arlington for the first time in years. That and my favorite chile relleno in the world, at Esperanza's in Fort Worth.

And the only other thing I am gonna say is while I might be willing on the spur of the moment to take a drive to DFW, there is no way I can be convinced to move to Washington, D.C...

No comments: