Saturday, September 7, 2019

Incoming Jars From Linda Lou's Skagit Valley Jam Factory

I found a box in my mailbox today, from Linda Lou.

The box contained four jars, products of Linda Lou's Skagit Valley Jam Factory.

Earlier in the week, or maybe the week before, whilst talking to Linda Lou, I made mention of the fact I miss the plethora of free for the picking produce one finds growing in the Skagit Valley, and everywhere else in Western Washington.

I made special mention of missing blackberries.

Linda Lou then said she would be sending me some of her patented Skagit Valley Linda Lou Blackberry Pepper Jam, along with a sampling of her other preserved specialties.

I have been looking forward to this jam's arrival ever since.

And today that arrival arrived.

I opened the box and the first thing I saw is the note you see above, surrounded by jars.

The note said...

Hi There,
Here are the preserves as promised. Hope they arrive to your domain intact. Peach Chutney - Somewhat Spicy, good with chicken, fish or pork. Raspberry Jam - Needs no explanation. Picked at an organic farm off McClean Rd. here in Mt. Vernon. Fig Jam - Good with crackers and cheddar with a dollop on top. Blackberry Pepper Jam - Crackers, or really really good bread, with cheese, blackberry on top.


I took the four jars out of the box and found the Fig Jam, the Raspberry Jam, the Peach Chutney, with the 4th jar not looking like Blackberry Pepper Jam, but instead looked like long spears of an orange product, with the jar's label labeled Organic Pickled Carrots.

This must be some sort of clever trick. The Blackberry Pepper Jam has been disguised to look like carrots. That is the only explanation I can think of with my feeble imagination.

Whatever is in each of these four jars the contents will be treated like rare delicacies, savored over a long period of time.

Thank you, Linda Lou!

No comments: