Saturday, January 19, 2019

Holland Takes Lead Over Fort Worth In Island Building

I saw this on Facebook this morning.

Apparently my old home country of Holland is building artificial islands.

Looking at the photo illustrating these islands they appear to look to be actual islands, even if they are manmade islands.

One really can not help but wonder if the Netherlanders found themselves Green with Envy upon learning the landlocked American town of Fort Worth was building itself an artificial island, so Holland decided to emulate this.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the case.

Fort Worth has a long history of causing bouts of envy in towns, states, and nations, far and wide. I know this because long ago I read this in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, over and over again.

The Netherlands has actual large bodies of water to work with to build its artificial islands. Whilst landlocked Fort Worth is stuck working with a little river to try and make an island by digging a ditch around a chunk of industrial wasteland.

The Fort Worth island project is well underway. Extremely complicated to engineer bridges have been being constructed for years, over dry land, to connect the Fort Worth mainland to that industrial wasteland that will be Fort Worth's artificial island, if that ditch is ever dug, with water added, under those bridges, which may be completed sometime in the next decade.

Reading the article about the Netherlands' new islands it seems the Dutch have leaped way ahead of Fort Worth in getting its island up and surrounded by water.

Meanwhile, back in America, of late I have found myself blessed with a lot of new info about that which has become America's Biggest Boondoggle, also known as Fort Worth's Trinity River Central City Uptown Panther Island District Vision.

Now with a vision which sees a marina and houseboats. I learned this from my new Boondoggle information gleaner, who I am gonna call Deep Moat III.

I will likely get around to blogging about some of that which Deep Moat III has shown me in the coming week, or two, or three.

If I have said it once, I have said it more than once, it's always something...

No comments: