Thursday, April 28, 2016

Have Fort Worth's Fosdick Waterfowl Joined Bedford's Ducks Of Death?

Yesterday when I blogged about Catching Fish While Picnicking In North Richland Hills Linda Spurlock Park I said no, that pond you are looking at is not Fosdick Lake in Fort Worth's Oakland Lake Park, but instead the pond was in North Richland Hills Linda Spurlock Park.

Today the pond you are looking at is not the one in Linda Spurlock Park, but is the pond known as Fosdick Lake in Fort Worth's Oakland Lake Park.

I was in the neighborhood due to the need to visit the Fort Worth Community Credit Union, so I thought, since I was in the vicinity, it was a good opportunity for what may be my last visit to this park for awhile.

Today marked my first shirtless hike of the new year. That is always a watershed event in any year. Due to the recent bouts of deluges we are experiencing a bit of increased humidity, hence the need for minimalist outer wear.

I saw no ducks or turtles today enjoying Fosdick Lake. This is very unusual.

Did the Fosdick Lake duck and turtle population read this week's Fort Worth Weekly Ducks of Death article and decide to leave town before a similar fate befalls them which befell their relatives living a few miles north and east in Bedford in the Bedford Boys Ranch Lake?

If not, where have all the Fosdick ducks and turtles gone?

No comments: