Friday, March 20, 2009

Naked Texas Miscellaneous Wildflowers

I'm in the mood to do some salubrious stream of consciousness typing. but I am an absolute blank as to a subject I want to salubriously stream about.

I really like that salubrious word.

I had to be in Arlington today, so I pedaled 2 times around the mountain bike trail at River Legacy Park. I saw no wildlife and no wildflowers.

Those are wildflowers at River Legacy in the picture, but that picture was taken last year. Or the year before. The view you see in that picture is currently totally altered due to the huge Huffines construction project.

When I got done biking I had to change out of my biking shorts into non-biking shorts. Usually I do this inside my vehicle, but that is not easy and involves some serious yoga-like moves to get the job done.

Last week, when I was at River Legacy, I saw a guy changing his clothes outside his vehicle, with his open door blocking anyone from seeing him. So, I figured I could do the same thing by being on the west side of my vehicle, where I could clearly see the only two paths by which a person could catch me with my drawers down.

So, I go to my "changing room," scan the trails for any humans, see none, pull off my biking shorts and quickly pull on my non-biking shorts. When the non-biking shorts were about halfway into position I looked up to see a guy with a dog. Where in the world did they come from? The guy with the dog did not look my way and I acted like I hadn't noticed them.

After the being caught with my pants down incident I went to my next stop, that being right by the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. Every time I see that thing I'm amazed by it. It is so HUGE. And looks so weirdly out of place, like a futuristic flying saucer has plopped down on some random American location.

When I saw the stadium today I thought of its price tag. Currently $1.1 billion and rising. I'm really bad at math, but I think a trillion is a thousand billion. I think I've read that all the various stimulus and bailout bucks add up to 3 or 4 trillion dollars. $4 trillion would amount to 4,000 new Dallas Cowboy Stadiums. If my math is right.

4,000 Dallas Cowboy Stadiums could likely be enough space to turn into enough condos to house everyone who has lost their home due to foreclosure and have enough space left over to give condos to those who's homes were stolen to get the land to build the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium.

I've got a story to tell about Tootsie Tonasket, but telling that story will require concentration. Concentration requires me to be in the right mood. Right now all I can concentrate on is it sounds fun to go swimming again and lay on a lounge chair for awhile.

No comments: