Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alma's Mating Rattlesnakes & The Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup

My nerves were already on edge due to last night's long thunderstorm that had several direct hits setting off alarms and shaking this place like a mild earthquake.

And then this morning Alma, the Songbird of the Texas Gulf Coast, sent me a picture of what appears to be a pair of rattlesnakes being friendly with each other.

Lately, due to the warm weather, snakes have been appearing on the trails I bike. This puts me in overreaction mode where I'll think for a second that a tree root crossing the trail is a snake. This causes an adrenalin overload.

On another rattlesnake related note. Tomorrow in Sweetwater the annual Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup starts. It runs through Sunday. If you haven't had Rattlesnake & Fries for awhile, this would be your chance.

No comments: