Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time For Me to Rob a Bank

Last week a 50 something guy decided to rob a Wells Fargo Bank in north Fort Worth. He successfully pulled off the bank job. And then he tried to carjack a ride from a woman. Two men, who had been in the bank, jumped the robber, pinning him down. Then 2 others joined in, holding the guy down til the cops arrived. The bank robber was, obviously, ill-prepared. He didn't even have a getaway car. Everyone knows you need a getaway car.

Now, I'm thinking, what drives someone to such a desperate act? You've lost your source of income, or income has not matched outgo, to the point that money is down to nothing. Bills are due. You can't pay the rent. Or maybe the mortgage. You're hungry.

So. You think to yourself, what if I rob a bank? If I succeed and get away, I've got money. If I fail and get caught, I've got free room and board. It's a win-win either way.

It's too bad there isn't some sort of Desperation Hotline that you can call and get some sort of one-time-only help, help that takes away the desperation and directs you to some sort of more sensible solution than robbing a bank and hoping to get a place to sleep and food to eat at the county jail.

Maybe there is a Desperation Hotline and I don't know about it. If there is, can someone send it to me, so I can call it before I need to rob a bank? Thank you in advance for your help.

No comments: