Friday, June 13, 2008

Obama's Baby Mama

Starting yesterday a brouhaha erupted over FOX News and Michelle Malkin's use of the phrase "Obama's Baby Mama." The Obama's took extreme umbrage to this.

Apparently it is current slang amongst youngsters to use the phrase "My Baby Daddy" to refer to the father of your baby, to whom you are not married.

I like the Obama's. But it seems a tad disingenuous to get all upset over someone using this phrase, because, well, Michelle Obama has used it herself.

Michelle introduced Barack to the crowd at his Senate victory celebration in November of 2004, saying something like, "I am proud to introduce the new Senator from the state of Illinois, my husband, my honey, my baby's daddy, Barack Obama!"

I guess it's offensive if you say "Baby Mama," but it's okay if you say "Baby Daddy?"

I've always had difficulty with proper etiquette.

No comments: