Thursday, June 12, 2008

ABC's The Bachelorette 4 Again


Monday night I popped a bowl of popcorn and needed something to watch on TV. I channel chased and landed on ABC and The Bachelorette. I've mentioned previously how appallingly absurd I find these Meet a Mate Reality Shows.

My longtime reader may remember me saying I'd made it through the first 15 minutes or so of this show's premiere before my gag reflex kicked in.

So, on Monday the extremely desperate to marry, long-suffering girl named Deanna was down to 6 or 7 or was it 8 guys. During my popcorn time she was out on a double date with 2 sort of pudgy guys. They all seemed very very boring.

At the end of the double date Deanna said to one guy she can't give him a rose because she finds him unattractive. He was then banished. She may have worded it differently. Apparently one must be given a rose on this show or one is banished. Then she did the same thing to the other guy, because she also found him unattractive.

Meanwhile, back at the place where the guys are living, they all seem to be having a good time. They refer to their domicile as "The Outhouse." Later I was to learn that some guys get to live in Deanna's house while others are exiled to "The Outhouse." Now, if I were on some stupid TV show, competing for a wife and she put me in "The Outhouse," I don't think I'd wait around for the moment she decides not to give me a rose. I think I'd just go home. But not before letting her know I found her unattractive. I don't believe one needs to be a gentleman to someone who put you in an outhouse.

When I'm confused by a TV show, like the plot of LOST, I often go to this website called Survivor Sucks where erudite discussions take place on the important subject of TV shows. It is very educational.

Here are some snippets from the Survivor Sucks Bachelorette thread:

"Okay, I sort of watched and came to the conclusion that the men are more into bonding with each other than with her. Then again she has the personality of a small gnat."

"As for the guys in The Outhouse, they blab more then the girls ever do. They share every single detail of their dates. Who comforts who & when she changed to get comfy. I thought girls were supposed to be the catty ones but WOW, these guys take the cake. They even analyze personalities & possible connections."

"Ok, ladies of the D/FW area, Brian is free!!! I've never been happier for my fav not to get a rose since DeAnna just bugs the crap out of me!"

(Durango Texas talking: Oh my, apparently she booted a D/FW boy. The Star-Telegram must be crushed.)

"I think she realized that the reason Brian was closer to the guys is because he's gay. He seemed to protest too much about being 31 and unmarried."

(Durango Texas talking again: Now we learn the booted D/FW boy apparently isn't free for the ladies of the D/FW area.)

Wow! I just watched some of this crapfest online.. she is a total bore! I think in 10 years she'll be a Big Fat Greek Hausfrau. I think she wants everyone to be open because, well, there is nothing she has to offer... she is a desperate woman, wanting to get married. No interests, hobbies, career or even friends. Just family, who will clearly treat her like the Greek Goddess she is under the mistaken impression she is.

(Durango Texas talking yet again: Enough of this. I need to find something other than TV to do when I have a bowl of popcorn.)

No comments: