Saturday, March 2, 2013

Today I Narrowly Escaped Being Arrested For Standing By A Wide Open Gateway Park Gate

I had myself a brisk walk at Gateway Park today, before going to Town Talk.

A very cold brisk walk.

A very short cold brisk walk.

The location you see in the picture is the entry to a construction project. Every other time I've been at this location the gate has been padlocked shut.

Today the gate was wide open, with no apparent activity going on inside.

What is being built here is something called Riverside Wastewater Treatment Plant Digester Sludge Disposal.

There are "DANGER" warning signs.

On the gates, that were wide open, the gate on the right warned....

Entry By Any Person Other Than Authorized City Of Fort Worth Personnel Is Forbidden. Violators Subject To Arrest.

While the gate on the left warned...

This Area Is Under 24 Hour TV Surveillance. Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted.

I looked to see if I could see any cameras. I saw none. I did not venture beyond the wide open gate. When I took my last picture my phone made its incoming call noise. I had to do a bit of juggling to get the camera in one pocket and the phone out of another.

It was Elsie Hotpepper calling.

I talked to Elsie Hotpepper for about 15 minutes when my phone made its battery low noise.

As soon as I hung up the phone I saw a Fort Worth Police car speeding down the road that leads to the wide open gates.

Had there actually been camera surveillance, with the cops being called because someone was standing at the wide open gate taking pictures?

Very perplexing.

1 comment:

Steve A said...

You've been tagged!
http://dfwptp.blogspot.com/2013/03/passing-on-liebster.html