Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fremont Solstice Parade

I talked to Lulu this afternoon, while I sweltered outside in the near 100 degree temperatures, while Lulu shivered inside her Tacoma abode. Lulu was working on stuff for next week's Fremont Sunday Market.

And she told me she was getting her outfit ready for the Fremont Solstice Parade. That is this coming Saturday, due to that being June 21, the Summer Solstice. I know Lulu has watched the Fremont Solstice Parade before and has been amused by all the naked bike riders.

But, I just can't picture Lulu doing this bike ride. Though I have seen her on some pretty scary bike rides. Like Gemini Bridges in Utah. I'm almost certain Lulu was not serious.

I mentioned the Fremont Solstice Naked Bike Parade a month or more ago. I recollect Gar the Texan asking if he could rent a bike near where the parade took place. I've not heard from Gar the Texan in awhile. I suspect he may be up in Seattle getting ready to ride.

Click on the link and you'll find a video of last year's Fremont Solstice Naked Bike Parade in all its glory.

No comments: