Friday, June 28, 2024

Way Too Much Excessive Heat For The Texoma Zone


From the Texhoma homepage you can see it is currently a tad warm at my location.

This morning, with the outer world still chilled to below 100, at 99 degrees, with the humidity making it really feel like 103, I opted not to go on an outdoor walk to get my much-needed endorphins.

Instead, I ventured the short distance to my preferred air-conditioned walking and shopping venue.

Walmart.

Mornings at Walmart one sees way more of us old folks than one sees after the five in the afternoon time frame. 

Most Walmart visits I find myself in the minority, as in the majority sport a thick layer of insulative adipose tissue, which I imagine makes those sorts super appreciative of cool air-conditioning.

Mornings at Walmart the number of those sporting a thick layer of insulative adipose tissue is much higher than later in the day. 

When I knew I was going to move from chilly Washington to not so chilly Texas, I decided I needed to reduce my own semi-thick layer of insulative adipose tissue.

I did so, dropping around 20 pounds before making the move.

And then, as I became acclimated to the Texas climate, I gradually grew back my semi-thick layer of insulative adipose tissue.

This super HOT summer is likely going to cause me to melt away the extra adipose tissue I have accumulated over the years...

No comments: