Tuesday, May 14, 2024

In Lucy Park With High Wichita River Water & No Bug Bites


It was back to Lucy Park on this HOT humid Tuesday, for some nature communing and a walk to the center of the Lucy Park Suspension Bridge over the Wichita River.

As you can see, the Wichita River is running high. What you can not see is the river is moving fast.

Usually this river lumbers along in real slow motion.

Today's fast-moving river, barely below the suspension bridge deck, a deck which sways at the slightest movement, made for a sort of dizzying effect when looking down through the wooden planks which make up the bridge deck.

I like the color scheme of the river's redrock red, and the blue of the sky. I think I'll paint my house that shade of red, with the trim blue. With a little tree shade of green thrown in, here and there.

Day two of wearing anti-bug-bite bracelets on my wrist and ankles, with no new bug bites. Lucy Park is usually my most bug-bite prone park.

No comments: