Thursday, May 30, 2024

Faulty Family Reunion Memory


Yesterday's email included one of those Microsoft OneDrive Memories from this Day, that I do not remember.

I knew this photo had to be on my computer for it to end up on Microsoft's cloud. This morning I found the photo file and saw it was named "Reunion76". 

Indicating, it would seem, that this reunion took place in 1976.

After seeing this photo, yesterday, I emailed it to my little sister, the sibling with the best memory. She identified one person as possibly being herself. The only ones in the photo I sort of recognized were Grandma Slotemaker, Uncle Mel and Aunt Judy.

This morning it was speculated that the one holding a baby is Aunt Jane, holding baby Amy. Aunt Jane, Uncle Mooch, the now grown up Amy and son Quan, currently in the Boston area, will be in Washington in a few weeks.

My little sister thinks one of those in the photo looks like me. I don't think so. I don't think I was at this reunion.

Methinks the only entities still on this mortal coil who might remember this reunion are the aforementioned Aunt Judy, Aunt Jane, and maybe, Uncle Mooch.

No comments: