Monday, January 8, 2024

Stormy Monday Morning In Wichita Falls


Stormy view from my computer room window, this second Monday of the new year. Rain began downpouring in the middle of the night. 

Flooding blocks my usual route to my motorized means of motion.

The rain seems to be abating. No longer in downpour mode.

Don't know if enough rain poured down in quantities sufficient to help mitigate the current drought condition. 

It has been many a month since I have seen water flowing in my next-door neighbor known as Holliday Creek.

No, I did not spell Holliday wrong, with an extra l. Holliday Creek is named after early explorer, Captain John Holliday, who carved his name on a tree by the creek. The town of Holliday, Texas, was named after the creek, as was Holliday Street, a major street in Wichita Falls.

I was a couple years at my current location when I ceased thinking the locals did not know how to spell Holiday...

No comments: