Saturday, January 20, 2024

Frozen Icebound Washington Weather Report From Nephew Jason


 My old home zone of the Skagit Valley, and Whatcom County, have been iced over of late, making vehicular travel treacherous. 

Incoming email from my Favorite Jason Nephew, that I did not see til this Saturday morning, but arrived in my email inbox on Thursday. I do not know why I did not see this email til this morning. 

The explanatory text in the email...

FUD -

I took this shot off the TV yesterday afternoon.    

And then checked on our above ground living Lynden relative.

She reported 7 inches of snow in the front yard and 3-to-4-foot drifts between her apartment and the garage.    Jeff came by and cleared her front steps and walkway.

Back here in the valley the ground and air are still frozen. Schools were cancelled yesterday as well as today.  I kept my restaurant closed both days as very few people are out and about.   And as I type this, it is currently snowing in Mount Vernon.  We only have a few inches—but enough to virtually shut down the city.

Temps have been below freezing for a week now.

-FNJ
_________________________

FUD is the abbreviation of Favorite Uncle D. FNJ is the abbreviation of Favorite Nephew Jason. Lynden is a Dutch dominated town a few miles south of the Canadian border.

At my North Texas location we are also freezing, with the arrival of a new Arctic Blast, yesterday. The current forecast for my location predicts possible frozen precipitation precipitating on Monday... 

No comments: