Saturday, January 13, 2024

Nephew Jason Takes Us To Frigid Padilla Bay


Incoming email from my Favorite Jason Nephew, with two photos, subject line: Frigid Padilla Bay.

Text in the email: Took this from March’s Point this morning.

Marsh's Point is a small peninsula one drives by between Mount Vernon and Anacortes. On March's Point Padilla Bay is to the east, Fidalgo Bay to the west. There are a couple oil refineries on March's Point, refining oil which arrives from Alaska in big super tankers.

I do not recollect seeing Western Washington's saltwater in frozen mode, prior to seeing Jason's photo documentation of such.

I am just returned from a frigid walk around Mount Wichita. The strong wind had the 32 degrees feeling way colder. 

I think that bump on the horizon, above Jason's car's hood, is the Mount Baker volcano.


 Another look at frosty Padilla Bay. And that is definitely Mount Baker on the horizon.

The promised Arctic Blast has arrived. Strong wind from the north. So far, no clouds. 

Soon it will be colder at my North Texas location than it currently is at my old Washington home location...

No comments: