Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Breezy Freezy Tuesday Walk Around Sikes Lake


With the outer world chilled to 39 degrees, with a steady wind blowing over 20 mph, with gusts over 40 mph, I bundled up under layers of insulative outerwear for my first communing with nature in quite a few days, this morning, walking around breezy Sikes Lake.

The past several days have been overcast, windy, cold, drippy days, not conducive to lengthy outdoor exposure. 

Today, with the return of a clear blue sky, even though I knew it was cold, and that a strong wind has been blowing for hours, I figured I could keep warm under multiple layers.

I figured wrong.

Total brrrrr.

Not to the point of shivering, but almost to that point.

Below you see the Shadow of the Sikes Lake Thin Man, under multiple layers of winter wear, crossing the bridge at the west end of Sikes Lake.


Unless the wind dies down, I won't be doing any outdoor nature communing tomorrow, or the next day.

Snow is in the forecast, for later today. I don't see that happening, what with nary a single cloud currently to be seen.

Winter is my least favorite season....

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Congratulations to the University of Washington Huskies for giving their all in the NCAA college football championship game loss to Michigan. Man, I wanted UW to win it all.

One year ago at this time the Fort Worth Texas Christian Horned Lizards were preparing to be walloped by the Georgia Bulldogs in the championship game. It was and is the biggest walloping in college football playoff history.

65 to 7, y'all, Georgia over Fort Worth Texas Christian. No riff ram for the Fort Worth Texas Christians (TCU). No bah zoo for the hypno toads. No lickety lickety either.