Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Wichita Falls Freezing Takes Me To Muddy Lucy Park Backwoods Jungle


Last night the temperature fell below freezing, to 31 degrees, freezing for the first time since last Winter.

Brrr.

We are forecast to be back in the 70s in about a week.

In the meantime.

Cold.

So, today I covered myself in a comfortable layer of insulative clothing and made my way to Lucy Park.

Hence the view of the Lucy Park suspension bridge over the Wichita River.

I was expecting to see the river running more water than it has, of late, due to the couple days of heavy rain. But the river looked to be at about the same level it was when I last saw it, a week or so ago.

I hiked into the Lucy Park backwoods jungle, til I reached an impassable area, due to mud. 

It seems weird to go from a week ago when the Lucy Park hiking would have me being an overheated sweaty mess, to today, when I did not come close to being an overheated sweaty mess.

I fear we are in for a few months now of cold, really cold cold.

I hope the temperature does not go below zero again, like it did two winters ago, causing a blackout that lasted a couple days...

No comments: