Thursday, October 5, 2023

Yesterday's Deluge Did Not Flood Lucy Park


I was in the neighborhood after picking up a prescription, so I went to Lucy Park, not knowing if the park was flooded, or not, from yesterday's stormy deluge.

Well, as you can see via the photo documentation of the Wichita River flowing under the Lucy Park suspension bridge, the river is not in flood mode.

Yesterday's rain did render off paved trail areas a bit muddy in place.

I did not venture into the Lucy Park backwoods jungle, because I knew that area would be muddy, with the type mud which sticks to your shoes, with the stuck mud getting thicker the more you encountered it, eventually rendering me way over six feet tall.

My interior space is being naturally chilled to the temperature I have the A/C set to, that being 78 degrees. The temperature was in the 70s when I walked around Lucy Park. 

100 degree plus days began in late Spring. I think every day of Summer went to 100 degrees or above. Which explains why natural air conditioning at 78 degrees is such a mighty fine thing...




No comments: