Thursday, October 26, 2023

Christmas Is Almost Here With MSU Fantasy Of Lights Being Installed


Several days ago I was surprised driving by Midwestern State University to see that the annual MSU Fantasy of Lights installation was underway.

Underway way before Christmas, marking, for me, the start of the dreaded (by me) holiday season.

We are only a couple days from Halloween.

After the trick or treating ends, we zoom quickly to Thanksgiving, followed quickly by Christmas, then New Year's Day, and the start of yet another year, which will seem to fly by at warp speed.

The past couple days my north Texas location has been like a stereotypical Pacific Northwest winter day. A totally gray sky, with hour upon hour of sky drippage.

Today blue sky returned, along with temperatures in the 80s.

So, I drove the short distance to that aforementioned Fantasy of Lights installation underway, to take the photo you see above.

I believe that is Cinderella in the horse drawn carriage, on her way to lose her shoe and find a charming prince.

I have driven by some over the top Halloween themed yards of late. I will try and remember to take a photo of the one I saw yesterday on Hamilton Road, by Hamilton Park.

No comments: