Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Was That A Seattle Seahawk Today At Chilly Sikes Lake?

Coldest day today since last winter's dip below zero. Or so it seems. 

46 degrees.

Cloudy.

With a slow drizzle drizzling down from the sky, making my current location's outer world seem like a stereotypical winter day in my old home zone of Western Washington.

And so I layered on the layers of outerwear and drove to Sikes Lake for a fast walk with the Sikes Lakes geese, ducks and hawk.

As you can see from the photo evidence above, my selfie photo taking is improving. I have been getting selfie instructional input from Thelma McNutty, also known by her stage name of Janatee Largo. Why would you take a stage name when your real name is already memorable? I do not know the answer to that question.

Behind me, besides part of Sikes Lake, you are seeing one of the sculptural works of art stuck on the ground by the Wichita Falls Museum of Art. 


Above we are standing on the bridge at the west end of Sikes Lake, looking east. If I were on my bike this is a location where I stop for a hydration break. No need for hydrating today. Mother Nature was providing a steady stream of hydration.


And now we are on the bridge at the north end of Sikes Lake, looking at the aforementioned hawk, perched on the bridge's railing. The hawk did not seem to mind a human passing by. Having recently watched Hitchcock's The Birds, I was wary of getting too close to the hawk. Even though the attack birds in The Birds were not hawks. 

Was this hawk a seahawk? I don't know if there actually is a bird known as a seahawk, or just a made up name in order to be alliterative with Seattle. I suppose I could Google to find out the answer to this serious question. But I've got other stuff to do right now that is more interesting than investigating seahawks.

No comments: