Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saturday Bike Ride With Dorothy & Other Fond Memories


Again with a look back at my memories from this day that Google seems to think I remember. This time I remember three of the four memories. I have no idea why I am remembering Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I thought this was a photo I took at the MSU Fantasy of Lights, but my bike took me to that location and found that Dorothy, Toto, Tinman, Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow have now arrived outside the Emerald City.
 

As you can see, the MSU Fantasy of Light's Dorothy bears no resemblance to the Dorothy I allegedly remember.

The memories I do remember are the one in the upper left, which is me high above my residence at the time, the houseboat you see docked on Lake Powell.

My antique Casio digital camera took that photo. Smart phones had not yet been invented. But, the Casio camera had a swivel lens which enabled the taking of that which in the next century came to be known as a selfie.

The photo on the upper right is Big Ed in the Rocket Garden at the New Mexico Museum of Space History, in Alamogordo, New Mexico. We happened to be there on the day several astronauts were being inducted into the Space Hall of Fame. While Big Ed wandered the Rocket Garden I watched an IMAX film shot in the International Space Station. This was so impressive. It felt like you were in the Space Station.

Below Big Ed, next to Dorothy, I think that is the Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches National Park. I think that is Wanda climbing up a rock, with either Big Ed or Wally behind her, offering no assistance, with me in the foreground looking at that aforementioned Casio camera.

Was nice being back on the bike on this first Saturday of the 2021 version of November...

No comments: