Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Day Before Thanksgiving Suspension Swinging At Lucy Park


With a strong wind blowing from the south a bike ride did not sound like a good idea. So, once again I used my motorized motion device to drive to Lucy Park to do some high speed leaf dodging.

I always enjoy walking across the Lucy Park suspension bridge over the Wichita River. It is extra enjoyable when wind contributes to the swaying motion.


As you see, above, I was not the only person communing with windy nature today at Lucy Park. 

A cold front is scheduled to blow in from the north tonight. I suspect soon thereafter there will be no more leaves in the trees.


 I don't know why, but I found the left direction on this Lucy Park signage to be amusing.

Duck Pond Restrooms. As if there are restrooms named the Duck Pond Restrooms.

There are no restrooms at the Duck Pond location. But there are restrooms in the general direction the sign is pointing. 

Tomorrow I don't know if there will be any communing with nature. I will need to be getting up early to begin cooking my humongous Mexican Thanksgiving Buffet. It's a daunting task...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fort Worth, where the west begins, mourns the death of presidential assassin Lee Harvey Oswald by decorating Oswald's grave marker.

Nick Beef's grave marker gets no love from Fort Worthians.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE1L24zXsAAz4lL?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FE1L241X0AQqeBl?format=jpg&name=large

A FWST reporter claims that Lee Harvey Oswald belongs to Fort Worth and not New Orleans (where he was born) or Dallas (where he died). Wow.