Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Record Storm Tips Semi-Truck On Washington's Deception Pass Bridge




Yesterday, November 15, 2021 wind, rain and flooding pummeled my old Washington state home zone. Late in the day on YouTube, via Thelma McNutty, formerly of the Skagit Valley, I watched video of a semi-truck toppled over by the wind whilst driving over the Deception Pass Bridge. 

In the video you can clearly see the hurricane like wind's effect on trees and water. The video also shows Whidbey Island's waterfront being flooded by the storm surge.

Today the Skagit River may reach a record breaking high. Last night I saw the Skagit Valley's other river, the Samish River, was also in extreme mode and two of my high school classmates had had their farmhouse surrounded. They managed to get their vehicles to high ground, but did not have enough time to rescue hay bails, which soon floated away.

Last night Linda Lou sent me video she took whilst standing behind the downtown Mount Vernon flood wall. The river looks more dangerous than I remember ever seeing it. 

The crest of the flood may top downtown Mount Vernon's new flood wall today. Seattle TV stations have been in place for two days to cover it. I can get the Seattle stations on my TV, so that should be interesting.

Nephew Jason is expected to be sending photo documentation later in the day.

And here is the video Linda Lou shot yesterday from behind the downtown Mount Vernon flood wall...

No comments: