Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Wheeling My Handlebars For A Look At Mount Wichita

It has been almost two years since I blogged about my bike's handlebars being aimed at some particular location.

I would have thought in all that time that at least one someone would have asked why I have made no mention of rolling by bike's wheels.

Such as a question asking why I've not mentioned biking the Wichita Falls Circle Trail.

Well, even though no one asked I will answer that un-asked question anyway.

About three years ago I began to have a bit of onset of arthritis woe.  This first manifested itself in my shoulders and knees. And then my hands. Eventually the shoulder and knee woe abated, helped, I think, by spending a lot of time in the pool.

And then my left hand, particularly the pointing finger on my left hand became miserably painful. Even typing was a pain. Riding the bike greatly exacerbated the hand pain. So, I decided to take a break from the biking. The hand pain quickly got better, but did not totally abate.

So, this past couple weeks in Arizona I experienced many surprises. One of those surprises was to suddenly find myself with zero allergy woes, breathing free and easy, free of needing nasal spray. And then about the second day of swimming with the Sun Lake ladies I realized my left hand was totally pain free.

On the long drive back to Texas I decided I was once again going to roll my bike's wheels. And so today I did. Pedaled the Circle Trail to the Lake Wichita Dam where I aimed my handlebars at Mount Wichita on the west side of the lake and snapped the photo you see above.

Tomorrow I am rolling my motorized vehicle's wheels to the D/FW  zone where I am planning to take my handlebars on a ride around River Legacy Park. An activity I have not indulged in for a couple years.

That is the plan, which will quickly be thwarted if I wake up tomorrow with a left hand in throbbing pain mode...

No comments: