Monday, September 26, 2016

Chilly Fall Has Fallen On Texas

The BIG BRRRR blew into town late Sunday afternoon.

By the time I made a screen cap from this morning's Wichita Falls Times News Record's weather page the outer world had heated up five degrees from its low of 60.

60 degrees is about 20 degrees colder than I cool my inner space via the cooling method known as air-conditioning.

So far I have resisted the temptation to reverse the air-conditioner into heat mode.

Yesterday I got a text message from my dad telling me mom was ready for a call. And so I called. The Phoenix zone is still in way too HOT mode. With hardly any rain in months.

Hardly any rain in months is quite a contrast with my location, where Saturday night around six inches downpoured in a short time frame causing bad flooding a short distance from my abode, basically turning Kemp Boulevard and the parking lots along Kemp Boulevard into a deep lake with vehicles stranded and some floating.

I suspect when I am out and about today I will be wearing long pants for the first time since I have been in Wichita Falls.

I do not remember any previous year when Fall has fallen as fast as Fall has fallen this year...

No comments: