Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hiking The Windy Tandy Hills Breathing Low Ozone Air With Extreme Pollen

With the temperature barely in the 80s, with a strong wind blowing, with the ozone level low enough for the air quality to be declared "Good" in North Texas, I decided to return to the Tandy Hills today for the first time in awhile.

I am not sure how long awhile is, maybe well over a week.

In the picture you are looking at the Tandy Wagon Trail that heads towards the skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth from the top of Mount Tandy.

Many a wagon must have rolled over this trail to leave such long lasting ruts.

Typing the word "ruts" I am sitting here wondering if that is actually a word and also wondering why I think this word refers to the tracks left on the ground by wheels passing over a trail.

Hiking the Tandy Hills today tests what it is what I have had an allergic reaction to the past couple weeks.

So, far I don't seem to be having any new allergic reaction. If I was having an allergic reaction I'm thinking I would need to consider that it is pollen that is bothering me and not high ozone levels. The pollen level remains "Extreme". I am not quite sure what that means, but it sounds sort of dire.

No comments: