Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Regular Sunday Walk With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts Was Uneventful

Today is Sunday, which usually means I go for a walk with the Indian Ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

The Village Creek Blue Bayou was looking like a serene watercolor painting today.

Upon my arrival at the Bayou a large critter made a big splash. I was unable to ascertain if it was an alligator. Or turtle.

Walking with the Indian Ghosts today reminded me that I intend to blog about Quanah Parker's mom, Cynthia Ann and his sister, Prairie Flower's visit to Fort Worth and its environs, after they were kidnapped from their Comanche tribe.

I was reminded of this this morning when the Fort Worth Library kindly emailed me to remind me I have 4 books due on April 4, including Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History.

The Village Creek Natural Historical Area's parking lot was half full today. There seems to be an increase in the number of people who have discovered this is a nice place to walk under the shade of big oak trees.

At my location, away from air-conditioned comfort, it is currently 82 degrees, with the humidity making it feel like 90. I think I will go get 100% wet again via the cool pool water.

No comments: