Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The 2nd Wednesday Of April Dawns In Texas After A Night With The Searchers

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell on this second Wednesday of April it would appear that this particular day in Texas is starting off with a clear blue sky, despite the weather predictor's prediction of rain and thunder for today.

Currently, at my location, it is 31 degrees above freezing, heading to the weather predictor's predicted high of 80.

Changing the subject from my favorite one to something else.

Last night I watched the John Ford/John Wayne movie, The Searchers.

I've been wanting to watch this movie ever since I read that it was loosely based on the Cynthia Ann Parker story.

Very very very loosely based would have been far more accurate. The movie started off with a caption letting it be known that what you were watching was in Texas. But, near as I could tell, the majority of the movie was filmed in the Monument Valley of Arizona and Utah.

I don't know why John Ford could not have used some of the classic Western scenery that exists where the West begins.

I am sure if someone tried real hard some classic Western scenery could be found in Texas.

I think the sun has brightened up the outer world sufficiently that I can go swimming now and enjoy the classic Texas scenery that surrounds the swimming pool.

No comments: