Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Sub-Freezing 2nd Saturday Of February With Gar The Texan Stuck On The Tarmac Trying To Get To Vegas On Spirit Airlines

The view is frosty looking through my primary viewing portal on the outer world this 2nd Saturday of the 2nd month of 2012.

According to my computer based temperature monitoring device the outer world at my location is currently chilled to the sub-freezing degree of 27.

In some sort of ironic, metaphoric example of how ill-served Fort Worth is served by its pseudo newspaper of record, the Star-Telegram, that confused excuse for a newspaper is reporting, currently, that it is 56 degrees in Fort Worth.

Reporting that it is currently 56 degrees in Fort Worth is a perfect example of why you should never believe anything you read in that newspaper, unless you can verify it with your own eyes.


Yes, it is sunny and 56 in the not frozen world of the Star-Telegram. Well, they did get the sunny part of the current conditions correct.

Below is the correct current conditions in Fort Worth.


Note that the wind chill currently has the Real Feel being 11 degrees. Methinks I will be wearing multiple layers when I go wherever I go today to get my daily endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation.

On a sad, non-weather related note. Yesterday Gar the Texan informed me he was flying to Las Vegas for the weekend. He did not mention he was flying on Spirit Airlines. This morning, on Facebook, I saw that Gar the Texan learned what a horrific experience flying Spirit Airlines is. Usually that boy over-researches anything he does or buys. How did he miss the memo that Spirit Airlines is to be avoided?

Very perplexing. While I ponder my perplexation, I will not be going swimming this morning.

No comments: