Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Storm Of Ice Is Hitting My Windows While I Am Having Trouble With The Air That I Breathe

You are looking at a very rare evening view through the bars of my patio prison cell, this 2nd Sunday night of February.

I am more than just slightly appalled that due to the fact that I did not blog today about any endorphin inducing hiking endeavor that I have been getting emails, phone calls and text messages inquiring as to my well being.

Well, I am being fine.

I did not feel like going out in the COLD today. I am currently enduring a very annoying respiratory woe that is affecting the ease of breathing. I have never been an allergy sufferer.

Til now.

I also have never breathed air polluted by the pollutants that pollute the air that I breathe where I am now doing my breathing.

Special Weather Statement
From The National Weather Service
A few minutes ago ice began hitting my windows.

I really am not in the mood for an Ice Storm. But, I think an Ice Storm may be what is currently happening.

The National Weather Service has issued one of their Special Weather Statements, shouting the statement all in CAPITALS...

...WINTER WEATHER EXPECTED FOR NORTH TEXAS...

A MIX OF SLEET AND SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR OVER MOST OF NORTH TEXAS THIS AFTERNOON INTO MONDAY MORNING. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO TWO INCHES HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR AREAS ALONG AND NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM EASTLAND TO WEATHERFORD TO DENTON TO MCKINNEY TO PARIS. SOUTHEAST OF THIS ADVISORY AREA...THE REST OF NORTH TEXAS WILL SEE A MIX OF SLEET AND SNOW THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING...BECOMING SLEET MIXED WITH RAIN NEAR MIDNIGHT AND THEN ALL RAIN BEFORE SUNRISE IN ALL AREAS EXCEPT THOSE NORTH OF INTERSTATE 30 AND EAST OF INTERSTATE 35. BY MID MORNING THOSE LAST AREAS WILL CHANGE TO RAIN AS WELL. ACCUMULATIONS NEAR THE WINTER ADVISORY AREA MAY REACH UP TO THREE TENTHS OF AN INCH...BUT WITH WARM GROUND TEMPERATURES THESE ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD ONLY AFFECT ELEVATED SURFACES SUCH AS BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES. EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN DRIVING...BECAUSE IT MAY BE HARD TO SEE ANY ICE ON ROADWAYS BEFORE REACHING IT. AS THE ATMOSPHERE CONTINUES TO WARM OVERNIGHT. PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO RAIN AND THE WINTER WEATHER THREAT SHOULD END BY SUNRISE MONDAY WEST OF INTERSTATE 35 AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 20...AND BY MID MORNING IN ALL AREAS. AS WITH ALL WINTER EVENTS...THE SITUATION HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CHANGE. IF ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED FARTHER SOUTH...THE ADVISORY MAY BE EXPANDED.

No comments: